Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lazy Days

Every once in a while it's wonderful to have a day, or at least an evening, to do nothing but unwind and relax, i.e. to be lazy. Today was certainly all about the TLC for me. For starters, I've been lounging in a robe all day, a.k.a. I've just been living uninterruptedly in my natural habitat. Other items to be reviewed: Playing with new makeup trends (loving the Kylie Jenner lip), drinking copious amounts of hot tea, and enjoying a marathon of Gossip Girl. 

 *Speaking of Gossip Girl, I've recently started the series, and I know that what I've been lacking in time I make up for with enthusiasm. Obsessed.*

However, I must say that the highlight of my evening was discovering that Funny Face is on Netflix (!!!), and there are few things that I love more than movies with glamorous, iconic actresses--Gone With the Wind is among my favorite movies, after all--and musicals. Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire were darling in this movie. Plus, when the movie started and Maggie, the stylish fashion editor, was singing about making everything pink, I was certainly in my happy place. If you haven't already, you should absolutely go watch it.

P.S. Can I have this dress for Formal?


As a prelude to the movie, I painted my nails in Revlon's "Fresh Linen" from the Parfumerie collection. It's a great pearly ivory, it just takes patience and three coats to apply. And yes, it does really smell like fresh linen while it's drying. Not to mention, the bottle is adorable.



A few more of my favorite movie-watching and relaxation time include my Anthropologie Voluspa candle in the scent Saijo Persimmon, The Republic of Tea's "Get Gorgeous" red tea, and some cozy lamp light.



Now, off for a nice face scrub and early bedtime. What about your favorite keys to relaxation?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment