Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Barbecues, Beaches, Bikinis, Oh My!

Hello lovelies! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend; I know I did! We had guests in town, and it was a blast. We went to the park, ate great food, and visited the beach.

I changed clothes more times than I'd like to admit that day, but the opportunities presented themselves, and who was I to deny fate? Though these outfits were fitting for the occasion, they're still great for relaxed summer days at a barbecue, at the beach, or just around town shopping. Here are a few snapshots of my weekend adventures and some favorite casual styles.

A classic sibling photo-op: nobody is looking in the same direction, and Coco is trying to break free of her festive bonds.

  But alas, I managed to keep her in her shirt that *coincidentally* matched me for long enough to take this picture.

I'm kind of loving the matching red lips, belt, and clutch combo because they're all small accents. Maybe it was a bit matchy-matchy, but it was the 4th of July after all. One thing is for sure though, this Stila lip glaze in Strawberry has been a go-to for years. It's the perfect glossy red.


And of course a cheesy salute was necessary in honor of the land that I love. 

This combination of a gingham button down, lightweight daisy-lace shorts (similar), and a cute belt is so classic (and SO easy) for a casual day of hanging out with family and friends. 

 On the beach I was loving this piece I got last year from Ralph Lauren that is unfortunately no longer available (especially since I managed to drape it over recently stained outdoor furniture... which was not done drying. Tragic.), but here is a tunic that offers an entire beach cover-up rather than just the top half in a similar material. Paired with some favorite cut-off denim shorts and my polka dotted bikini, I was ready to go!

Side note: I fulfilled my lifelong dream of becoming a mermaid. The sand covering my top half unfortunately kept cracking, so I settled for just the tail.


Another favorite? Fireworks. They're like a bright, loud handful of glitter being thrown into the sky. Sorry I haven't quite figured out how to get great shots of fireworks (feel free to leave suggestions in the comments).

Well that concludes my holiday style favorites. If you have any casual summer staples, post them below! Any favorite holiday memories?

xoxo
-Madison




No comments:

Post a Comment